Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Goals

For the last week and a half, I have been extremely blessed to be able to take some time off to visit family in Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New York.  It was a wonderful break, but I'm happy to be back to my usual routine.
A good time was had by all. My very happy husband outside
of Obscura, home to his favorite reality show "Oddities."

I don't like to make New Year's resolutions, but this year I've set some 2013 goals.  I have read that it is best to keep goals secret, because sharing gives us a sense of satisfaction similar to achievement.  But, being quiet about my goals in the past hasn't always worked out so well. My hope is that writing down goals will keep me accountable.  So far, my goals are pretty standard. Additions and changes may be made as the year progresses.

1.  Live healthier and encourage a healthier lifestyle for my husband.

  • Eat out less, and cook more at home.  Embrace vegetables, whole grains and tasty nutritional food. 
Ingredients for a homemade breakfast of Coconut French toast.
I don't have any photos of veggies, hence their inclusion in the goal. 
  • Begin and stick to an exercise routine, and seek to be more active.  
  • Be more conscious of what I put into and on my body.  

2. Create more and consume less.  More writing, singing and baking to share with others.  I will make the coasters for which I have been collecting bottle caps.

Cookies to share.  To eat them all would violate goal #1. 

3.  Learn and improve skills and interests.

  • Improve public speaking  and communications skills
  • Read at least one book a month.
  • Be a more active and involved member of our RPG Gaming Group by investing more time to fully learn rules and create character back story. 
Do you have any specific goals for 2013?  Do you prefer to share, or keep to yourself?


May your 2013 filled with love, joy and many happy surprises!  

No comments:

Post a Comment